Follow these 10 steps to be a safe, competent, capable, and effective firearm owner and defender of your right to keep and bear arms.
1) Treat every gun as if it is loaded
2) Never let the muzzle point at anything you do not wish to shoot
3) Keep your finger off the trigger until aimed at your target and ready to shoot
4) Be sure of your target and what is beyond it
5) Become confident and expert with your firearm(s) of choice through consistent practice, training and secure concealed carry.
6) Pray everyday
7) Vote for proven leaders and mail (not email) a letter to your Federal, State and local elected officials defending the 2nd amendment on a regular basis. (Every three months is recommended)
8) Actively support your gun right organization(s) of choice including the NRA, USA Carry, Gun Owners of America, National Association for Gun Rights, Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association as well as respective state and local groups.
9) Practice prevention by securing your property, home, car, family and self from criminal assault – be alert to your surroundings.
10) Be knowledgeable, patient and civil in defending the right to keep and bear arms.